The uninformed designer is the out-of-date designer
For many of us crafters, hand-made jewelry is little more than a hobby. But, it's possible to turn that weekend craft project into
a business. If you're considering launching a hand-crafted jewelry business, keep reading for 8 essential tips.
1. If you're just starting out, try learning by using kits or classes. Do-it-yourself (DIY) Pandora Beads Dangle kits provide you with all the materials
you need and a foundation for learning the basic structure of jewelry. However, if community college classes are available in your
area, they can also be a great way to build your skill set with an expert teacher on hand to answer questions.
2. Mix and match your materials. Constructing pieces exclusively out of fine materials and expensive stones will push your product
into a different price stratosphere, and launching a new line at a high price point can be difficult, at best. Keep your prices
lower in the beginning by mixing finer materials with less-expensive ones. For example, Pandora Glass Beads try matching a fine stone with a silk bead
cord, rather than a gold chain.
3. Get involved in your local jewelry community. Get out to jewelry-related events, set up tables at local craft fairs and bazaars,
and generally work hard at getting your face and your brand out there. These contacts can lead to store purchases, great word-of-
mouth advertising and even on-the-spot sales that become the bread and butter of your business.
4. Look for a wholesale supplier. You don't want to be buying your materials at premium retail prices. Instead, look for a
wholesale supplier that can help you reduce your costs.
5. Invest in the best tools you can afford. Jewelry-making Pandora On Sale requires specific tools for jobs like crimping and handling. Always buy
the best tools that you can afford.
6. Immerse yourself in the jewelry market. Read trade magazines, make regular visits to retailers and keep your eye on jewelry
trends. The uninformed designer is the out-of-date designer.
7. Get a web site. Even if you're not planning to sell online, a web site is going to be your first point of contact with many of
your customers. Keep it updated, fresh, and attractive.
8. When approaching shops, always look for your target market. Instead of Pandora With Stones randomly hitting all the stores in your area, approach
stores that sell pieces similar to your preferences or that exhibit a similar aesthetic. You're more likely to make that sale
because your pieces will be snatched up by target customers.
For insightful information on beautiful artwork, see sunderdesigns.com, a popular Pandora Gold Beads site that assists in your search for the perfect
statue, picture, and painting including information on how to protect your artwork and much more!